Thank you for your interest in the Assisteens® Auxiliary of Tustin.
NEW Assisteen Membership is closed for 2018-2019.
If you are interested in becoming an Assisteen in Santa Ana
please call 714-664-0547 or email@example.com.
Assisteens is an auxiliary of the Assistance League of Tustin. Both Assistance League and Assisteens have been serving our community since 1965.
Our 2017-2018 membership includes 8th-12th grade boys and girls who attend a variety of area schools and is 250+ members strong.
The Assisteens auxiliary philanthropic programs include:
- Buddy Program The VIP Soccer Buddy Program focuses on working with disabled children through a comprehensive Soccer program
- Buddy Program The Aqua Achievers Swim Buddy Program focuses on Working with disabled children through a comprehensive swimming program
- Hearts of Hope|Shelter Assistance Assisteens collect food and help in the child care center at the Orange County Rescue Mission’s Village of Hope
- Friends in Service Assisteens help in the Blind Children’s Learning Center, Hillview Special Day Class activities, and The Grove Retirement Center
- Hearts of Hope|Shelter Assistance Assisteens connect with teens in crisis at Mary’s Shelter and Laurel House
Assisteens also get involved with many Assistance League philanthropies including Operation School Bell® (outfitting children with school uniforms). Assisteens volunteer in the Thrift Shop two or more times per year and this revenue funds philanthropic programs.
In addition to philanthropic programs, Assisteens are a presence in the local community, marching in the Tiller Days Parade and working at the annual Tustin Public Schools Foundation Dinosaur Dash race. The group also has fun social events (including the annual holiday party and grade level events) to help Assisteens get to know Assisteens from different schools. Each June, Assisteens host a formal dinner event called the Rose Medallion to recognize the graduating seniors and honor all Assisteens for their work.